I covet. I blow that Commandment all to hell on a regular basis. And I don’t care. Right now, I’m coveting a Honda Crosstour. Believe me, that’s toned down from an Aston Martin to a Jaguar XF (or XJ, nowadays) to, well, this.
While I wait, tell me things:
1) Who taught you to drive?
2) How many cars have you owned? And what color (and make/model if you’re feeling chatty)?
3) Have you ever required the services of a tow truck?
4) Have you ever driven the wrong way down a one-way street?
5) If you could have any reasonably practical, drive-around-daily car, what would it be?
6) Are you the sort to park at the back and walk or hawk the front parking spaces until something opens up?
7) Do you a) let other people drive your car happily? b) allow it with a frozen smile of ire-and-anxiety-trying-to-pass-for-agreeability? or c) Are you? seriously? Are you looking at my keys? Do piss off and come back to me when you’ve regained your senses.